January 11, 2021 – The updates to Santa Cruz County Code section 7.128 and 13.10 (related to non-retail cannabis regulations) have been adopted by the Coastal Commission. A copy of the Coastal Commission Staff report:
A copy of the Ordinance adoption letter is also available.
Dec. 10, 2020 - Equity grants for cannabis business are now available. To be eligible for an equity grant per Santa Cruz County Code Chapter 7.136, you must apply using the following form:
Eligibility is restricted to those which can demonstrate that they, their employees, or their customers have been negatively impacted in a disproportionate way by cannabis criminalization and who can further demonstrate what they have done and will do to address those negative impacts, including but not limited to supporting compassionate care programs within the community.
Once eligibility has been determined you may apply for:
- Direct technical assistance with State and local licensing issues, including but not limited to:
- Assistance with technical aspects of local permit application drafting
- Training on and direct assistance in applying for Air District permits, hazardous materials business permits, State Water Board permits and other permits and programs to be identified by the Licensing Official;
- Fee waivers for use permits and cannabis business licenses;
- Direct assistance paying for State licensing and regulatory fees; and
- Assistance from the County Economic Development Department with securing business locations prior to or during the use permit and cannabis business license process